Finding the Leader Within
This presentation is designed to help inspire young people of all ages to build a strong sense of individuality and authentic personal power. Through music, group exercises and the sharing of true personal stories, we integrate the messages of Social Responsibility, Integrity, Compassion, Forgiveness, Acceptance, Gratitude and Individuality. We discuss some of the root causes of Bullying and violence and share some conflict resolution strategies. Ultimately, we would like the students to understand how powerful their words, and actions are, and how their individual choices effect themselves, each other and the world as a whole.
Presentation Topics and Content:
- The power of Gratitude
- Defining your ‘Core Beliefs’ (what you believe is true about yourself) and how those beliefs effect your entire life.
- What kindness means to them personally. How it feels when they have been both the giver and receiver of a kind act.
- Kindness to ourselves and the power of staying true to ourselves. How to set healthy boundaries and how to say ‘No’’. Taking care of and honouring your body. The importance of being open to ‘receiving’, as well as giving. The difference between ‘doing your best’ and ‘perfection’.
- Ways that we can be kind to others. This may include not supporting a friend’s self destructive behavior (in the form of enabling), including an individual who is being left out, saying something positive to someone or helping someone in need.
- How we can be kind to the earth, our connection to nature and how small actions can make a huge impact on our planet.
- In terms of bullying, we touch on issues such as the root causes of bullying and how it is often not about the victim, but more about the bully. We discuss the various forms of bullying such as racism, exclusion, manipulation, cyber bullying and peer pressure. We discuss the dangers of making assumptions and judgments, as well as gangs and their recruiting process.
- We impart on the students that they have the power within themselves to help positively affect the outcome of any situation. It can often be one act of personal power, kindness or compassion towards another (including towards the bullies) that can create a positive outcome in a given a situation. We also talk about when you can positively affect a situation and knowing when it is best to walk away.
About Jonas & Jeanette:
Jeanette O’Keeffe & Jonas Falle reside in South Surrey, BC with their three daughters ages 16, 18 and 21. In addition to being the creators of the youth oriented stage pro- duction ‘Kindness ROCKS’, they are also Music Producers, Inspirational Speakers, Song- writers, Professional Entertainers and together operate the multi-faceted Entertainment company, Moon Coin Productions. Their dream is to inspire, nurture, mentor and teach our youth how to build a strong sense of personal power and self esteem. Their vision and purpose is to connect with, and help people on a global scale; to contribute to our world in a positive way through the powerful gift and influence of music, creativity and entertainment.
- Half-day workshop/ presentation: (one, 2-hour session) $500 + tax
- Full-day workshop/ presentation: (two, 2-hour sessions) $750 + tax
For bookings and more information please contact us directly at:
Phone: (604) 312-1041